Mirror Knowledge: 7 Things You Should Know Before Buying a Mirror
May 23, 2012 in Beauty
A mirror is the true reflection of beauty. Most people overlook the fact that a good, high quality mirror is one of the most important beauty tools that you can have. If we lived in a world without mirrors, everyone would be walking around with lip stick on their upper lip or mascara on their eyebrows … don’t even get me started on the eyebrows! I digress. When it comes to beauty, a mirror is your BFF; therefore, choosing the right mirror (one that fits you) is crucial.
Our sister company, Danielle Creations, is a leading expert in mirrors. From fashion-forward vanity mirrors to wall mount mirrors, Danielle Creations has it covered. Below are a few mirror tips/facts to take into consideration when looking for a mirror that suits your home decor and, more importantly, you!
- Besides aesthetics, the magnification is the most important feature (especially if you have weaker eyesight)
- The curve used to create the magnification is a very precise science and precision of these mirrors delivers the utmost quality
- The stronger the magnification, the better the vision and the larger the face/area becomes
- Magnification ranges from 2x to 12x. If you look from a distance into a highly magnified mirror you will appear upside down. You need to look at it from close up to see the enlarged image straight up (we get asked why this happens a lot )
- 1x or true image means no magnification. The image in the mirror appears as it does in real life
- Fluorescent lighting provides ultimate brightness for maximum vision
- Fluorescent light bulbs last longer than the incandescent dual lights and are environmentally friendly